Watch Video: What you need to know about using fireworks in Ankeny
What you need to know about using fireworks in Ankeny
- Use of fireworks is limited to July 4 from 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. in Ankeny. (All cities in the metro have different rules.)
- This includes the use of first and second class consumer fireworks only.
- Explosives such as M-80s, quarter sticks and display fireworks are illegal.
- Residents may only use consumer fireworks on their own personal property or on the property of a person who has consented to the use of consumer fireworks on his/her property.
- Use of fireworks on any public property is prohibited. This includes city streets, public parking lots, parks, etc.
- Residents are asked to be courteous to their neighbors and to use good judgment when igniting fireworks.
- To report the illegal use of fireworks contact the Polk County Dispatch non-emergency phone 515-286-3333, this phone is answered 24 hours a day.
For more details, go to: https://www.ankenyiowa.gov/our-city/departments/fire/fire-prevention-and-safety